This hand stitching kit features the British hare, an iconic animal in folklore. This kit uses kantha stitching, a 500 year old technique which consists of running stitch to form representational images. Kantha work is about consistency of stitch rather than size.
The kit contains everything you need to make the hare design. The kit contains a full size pattern which needs to be traced onto the blue fabric before stitching. Your finished hare could be simply hung as it is, made into a cushion, framed, made into a bag, or form part of a quilt.
This kit is available in all blue or brown hare with blue background. Finished size is 21cm x 29cm.
- 1 x A4 Double Sided Instruction Sheet
- 1 x A4 Full Size Pattern
- 1 x Size 7 Embroidery Needle
- 2 x 100% Cotton Muslin 24.5cm x 33cm approx.
- 1 x Makower Spraytime 100% Cotton Blue Fabric 24.5cm x 33cm approx.
- 1 x Dark Blue Perle Thread 4m
- 1 x Mid Blue Perle Thread 6.5m
- 1 x Light Blue Perle Thread 4m
- 1 x Pale Yellow Perle Thread 4m